Are you taking a break from the roulette wheel? Why not relax a bit and bone up on your roulette trivia? Read on for some fun tidbits about the game.
• The word roulette comes from a French diminutive which means “small wheel.”
• French inventor Blaise Pascal is credited with inventing roulette while trying to create a perpetual motion machine.
• Roulette is often called “the devil’s game.” This is because all the numbers on the roulette wheel total 666 when added up.
• There are only 2 casino games which are more popular than roulette. These games are slots and craps.
• Roulette is purely a game of chance. There are no systems or strategies which you can use to increase your chances of winning. This makes the game very similar to the slots. Isn’t it interesting how 2 games of pure chance are also 2 of the most popular casino games?
• The ball which is used on the roulette wheel is spun in the clockwise direction.
• It is considered a faux pas to eat or drink at a roulette table. This is in the same league as double dipping in the fondue pot.
• Speaking of manners, roulette players are expected to leave a tip for the croupier. At other casino games a tip is more of a gesture of appreciation.
• Players usually don’t place bets on the fifth row. Many believe that bets placed there have less chances of winning.
• The number 7 won 6 times in a row at Caesars Palace in 2000. The odds of this happening are said to be about 3 billion to one.
• A gambler from London once bet what was supposedly his life savings. The amount of the bet was $135,300. The player won and walked away with $270,600. The player’s name was Ashley Revel.
Well, did you learn anything here? Did you at least have a little fun? Try sharing some of these fun facts, and maybe you can impress your friends and fellow players the next time you step up to a table and play the casino game which has fascinated people for centuries.